Crimson Horizon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TRASH MOBS IN KYLLIKKI

4 posters

Go down

TRASH MOBS IN KYLLIKKI Empty TRASH MOBS IN KYLLIKKI

Post  odeon Tue Jan 13, 2009 5:46 pm

There are usually 5 in each of the trashgroups. 1 priest, 1 Honourguard, 1 Spellguard and 2 minionguard.
3 Tanks are used to get priest,honourguard and spellguard. Necromancers,demonologists and or hoxes 1 shot and kill minions.

1 group of trash:

All tanks get ready with their xbows. Raidgroup are waiting on the field right outside the stairs. 1 tank start shooting at priest and kite him to raidgroup and kill him. 2 other tanks are shooting at honourguard and spellguard and kite them away from raidgroup.
To get their aggro the tanks can shoot 2-3 times to be assure that they get their aggro.
Keep on kiting those 2 until priest are killed.
When priest are down the raidgroup attack spellguard and then honourguard.
IMPORTANT: The spellguard does nasty AOE spells. When he raise his arms in the air he casts about4-6 times before he can be attacked again. 1 person will shout out " SPELL GET AWAY " when spellguards are doing his spells. Then it is important to move away from him to not get wiped. Sometimes the spellgurd also teleports himself to different places in room.When he does the teleport he immidiately do AOE spells when he spawns. So after hi teleport dont attack him.

On trash in kyllikki its also ok to have a maintankgroup with 3 tanks, 2 healers and a conq with combatres.
1 of the healers should always follow the tank that are kiting honourguard and heal him cause he hits hard Evil or Very Mad

Odeon
odeon
odeon

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

TRASH MOBS IN KYLLIKKI Empty Re: TRASH MOBS IN KYLLIKKI

Post  Ayrr Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:09 am

I would add one more thing. I'm not an expert but basing on my little experience I think that damage is an important factor for two tanks kiting spellguard and honourguard as they need to grab aggro from main tank who shot as a first one. Therefore I would recommend to use damage increasing feats (Volcano Rage, Juggernaut) just before shooting at foe - the more damage you deal the more hate you get. It is also a good idea to deliver few combos (bleeding preferably?) after xbow shoots and before "kiting run".

Additionally, can you tell why exactly priest is first in killing order? He seems to be easiest to kite and to tank while spellguard has this nasty AoE spell and he teleports from time to time. Why not to start with him?

AZ
Ayrr
Ayrr

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  odeon Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:30 am

Sure we can start with Spellguard-)
odeon
odeon

Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Hepskuq Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:42 am

It seems to be the common habit in raids, but I really don't know why the Priest is killed first. Maybe he heals the Spellguard and the Honourguard, or perhaps the habit has stuck from early raids when people wanted to make sure to kill at least one of the three in each pull.
Hepskuq
Hepskuq

Number of posts : 92
Class : Necromancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayrr Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:32 am

Yeah, yesterday someone said that he heals, this seems to be a good reason to take him down as a first one.
Ayrr
Ayrr

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:47 pm

Hey guys, my first post here!

The Priest does heal the Spellguard, he heals when the Spellguard is at 20%. But the heal is low powered so it's not really a factor. This actually works well for the tank on the Spellguard, as he doesnt need to move anywhere for his next target.

The Spellguard really should be killed first, the last thing you need is a Spellguard teleporting into you and AoEing while you are tanking the Priest.

Back to top Go down

Post  sunabe Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:44 am

So we are moving the spellguard up in the kill order to first then on the next raid?
sunabe

Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down