Crimson Horizon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scheduled "Onyx"runs on a regular base!

3 posters

Go down

Scheduled "Onyx"runs on a regular base! Empty Scheduled "Onyx"runs on a regular base!

Post  Guest Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:05 am

Hey guys!

i just came back from my X-ed (i stopped counting them since ages) Onyx run and ofc with bare hands and nothing new in stock. Sleep

I know you can't always come out of Onyx with the full gear-Set in your hands, if have been in AoC too long for that and i'm aware of that it requires hard and sometimes nearly insane work, especially when the drops you need come from pretty rare bosses and well, that's tbh exactly my problem/reason for this topic!

Despite of the facts that we often made it to the 3rd floor, that the "Wildstrider Girdle" which i'm after since like 5 damn months got "Needed" away from me by a Ranger that cant even wear it yet (free beer for Termie for passing on it) and if my bosses spawn or not, i'm getting really sick of begging half Hyrkrania together for half-proper "Onyx" or even "Atzel's Fortress" runs (though i have both drops from there now and all quests as well) and i think we need those runs on a more regular base organized and planned, just like our raids.

Maybe some of you coulnd't care less about those "poor Blue" T0-drops as the most of you guys already carry lots of T1- or even some T2 Purples on your mains, but didnt we all start somewhere, don't we all have Mains/Alts in need of that kind of gear? - The answer is WE DO, so why don't we dont make a spot/day in our Raid Calendar for that runs - Not alone that Guild-internal runs are more fun, (leave alone the aspect of success!) it also further's the cordination and "Team-Spirit" imo. Suspect

Also this way everyone in need will get his/her gear faster and easier as well - Here's a little example:

My T0 Girdle drops from the Black Ring-Boss "Jaleel the Scirocco" (located on 3rd floor near the green guys) and unfortunately for me he is probably one of the rarest bosses in the whole Chambers, so if you want the full set before getting old and grey you need runs runs runs and nothing but runs - out of 6 runs he may spawn in 2 of them if you're lucky and lately i've seen where my luck mainly goes! *insert toilet flush sound here* No

The same thing affects other Bosses for other classes as well and it's hard to reach the 3rd floor with a wild bunch that mostly doesnt even listen to each other, so i guess you see the point in why guild internal runs should be prefered - Not just by me!

Hit me with your thoughts now. Basketball

Back to top Go down

Scheduled "Onyx"runs on a regular base! Empty Re: Scheduled "Onyx"runs on a regular base!

Post  Nahkti Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:37 am

I think it's a great idea Miley and something that I'm sure alot of people would enjoy (I get the impression few of our members are forum junkies though), why not set a date on the raid calendar and make sure everyone in game knows via guild chat ?

Someone suggested during the last ambassadors meeting trying Onyx with a full raid group so we can split across all floors which also means less loot wastage.
Nahkti
Nahkti

Number of posts : 74
Class : Tempest of Set
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Scheduled "Onyx"runs on a regular base! Empty Re: Scheduled "Onyx"runs on a regular base!

Post  Hepskuq Tue Feb 17, 2009 7:18 am

You know you can use the raid calendar to set a specific date for something like this. I think everyone can form a raid in the calendar. Just let people know that you've posted a "raid" into Onyx and see who'll sign up for it.
Hepskuq
Hepskuq

Number of posts : 92
Class : Necromancer
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:18 am

Nahkti wrote:I think it's a great idea Miley and something that I'm sure alot of people would enjoy (I get the impression few of our members are forum junkies though), why not set a date on the raid calendar and make sure everyone in game knows via guild chat ?

Someone suggested during the last ambassadors meeting trying Onyx with a full raid group so we can split across all floors which also means less loot wastage.

Thats actually the best way to run onyx - as a full 24 man raid.

Back to top Go down

Scheduled "Onyx"runs on a regular base! Empty Onyx and other drops

Post  Guest Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:05 am

I would love to join an Onyx raid with 24 people, lets empty the place. I've been in there so many times , always killing the same mobs that brought the same (not wanted) drops. I would lover to kill more in there then those same things.

Regarding drops in AoC I must be honest, I am starting to get tired of nearly never seeing a good drop and when a good drop fals there are always many takers, so i misloot most of time. I sure hope this will be better soon. Counting; Vistrix 17 times o demon drop, Kylikki 14 times 2 times boots dropped and 1 time wristarmour dropped. BRC Gargoyle 4 times 0 demon drop, trash after Gargoyle dropped shoulders (Pyrocraft and Felbane passed them because I am so low on epic. Yakmar 3 times (long time ago) 0 demondrops. I have seen 0 purpledrops in all the villa and world, although i keep doing villa's for the staff that can drop in there. FC sucks at least for me they do. Crying or Very sad

But put the Onyxraid in te planner and i am in,

Jinxer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Bogra Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:38 am

As far as i know, there is no more world epic drops anymore:(
Bogra
Bogra

Number of posts : 30
Class : Priest of Mitra
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

Scheduled "Onyx"runs on a regular base! Empty Purple drops..

Post  Guest Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:29 am

Bogra wrote:As far as i know, there is no more world epic drops anymore:(

Wow that is bad news Shocked

From epic-rains (according to posts on the forums) at the start, till 0 purple for people that joined a little later...

Jinxer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:52 pm

Well, it seems i'm definitely not alone with my thoughts on this, as i see by the number of responses already.

Nevertheless, i don't see much point in putting Onyx (or even Atzel's Fortress) runs in the Raid calendar yet or in advance, as i know some people will never see/sign up for it, since (as i heard you guys saying on Vent and also noticed that by myself not that long ago) not all of our members look at/use the "Raid Calendar" or even the Guild forums itself and some will maybe never bother to do so.

So i would suggest rather to set some "Onyx-Days" in-game announced on Guild-Chat or Vent i.e (on behalf that they may change/differ from time to time ofc) what would you think about a "Onyx-Wednesday" and "Friday" starting at the same time as our current raids? (as you need more than one run per week to increase the chances of gathering your drops from rare Bosses together - Simply spoken: The more we go, the more may they're likely to spawn, you know.

Thanks for "sorting" my concerns, i really appreciate it.

Back to top Go down

Scheduled "Onyx"runs on a regular base! Empty Onyx

Post  Guest Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:57 pm

Let me know when you need/want some dps and I will bring Jinxer or Harley and help you kill stuff Very Happy

See you,

Jinxer.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down