Crimson Horizon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Role-Playing Questionnaire

2 posters

Go down

A Role-Playing Questionnaire Empty A Role-Playing Questionnaire

Post  Yarah Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:36 pm

Ok, time's up,

thanks for participating and Ildmir sends his regards, the replies he got from Hyrkania were very much appreciated and helpful. cheers

Last edited by Yarah on Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Yarah
Yarah

Number of posts : 8
Class : Assassin
Registration date : 2009-01-26

Back to top Go down

A Role-Playing Questionnaire Empty Re: A Role-Playing Questionnaire

Post  Bogra Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:38 pm

Q1

How active are you as a role-player in AoC (how much of your game time do you spend in character)?

d. Occasionally in character

Q2

What kind restrictions have you encountered while using your in-game character to communicate with other players?

Inability to create "buttons" for emotes

Q3

a. If compared to Instant Messaging or similar methods of communicating (SMS, MSN, etc.) does having a virtual character make communicating easier or more difficult?

b. How is it easier/more difficult? (answer according to the previous question)

Didn't notice significant difference.

Positioning

Q4

a. When you encounter a role-playing situation, do you consciously position your avatar in a specific manner in according to other players and the environment) (do you use the environment to your advantage to support your role-playing)? If so, please also answer to the following questions. Also clarify the reasons why you choose to position yourself in that specific manner. If you wish, you can include examples.

Yes, i like to use emotes like lean to a wall, lieing, sitting, other emotes that has "permament" effect: /squat, /sit.

I think that interacting with enviroment and using emotes bring my character more to life.

b. How and where do you position yourself in a group of players (three or more)?

Try to face to characters (kind of circle)

c. How and where do you position yourself with a single player character?

Face to character mostly

d. How and where do you position yourself in the game world if you are alone?

Lean to a wall, sit on wells, bench, walls.

Properties of the avatar

Q5

a. What properties of your in-game character do you utilize in role-playing situations and communication and how do you use them? Also, please include how frequently you use these properties. If you wish, you can include descriptions of common situations where you have utilized your avatar.

Mostly emotes, i keep a collection of robes for my female necromancer also (lol)

b. How do you utilize emotes and do you chain them to form more complex series of gestures?

I wish, i am working to figure that out.

c. How do you utilize the chat options (whispering, shouting, saying, etc.)?

Mostly using /say, very rare using /tell

d. What other properties of your character do you utilize and how (clothing, items etc.)?

Spend allmost an hour disigning face for my female necro:). Also clothing is very importand, turning cloak, helmet off is very usable.

e. What properties do you not use and why?

Nothing that i know off.

p.s. sorry for my lousy english, i hope you and your friend will understand my answers:P
Bogra
Bogra

Number of posts : 30
Class : Priest of Mitra
Registration date : 2009-01-29

Back to top Go down

A Role-Playing Questionnaire Empty Re: A Role-Playing Questionnaire

Post  Yarah Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:45 am

Thanks a lot!! Very Happy
Yarah
Yarah

Number of posts : 8