Crimson Horizon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yakmar thoughts and video from US forum

2 posters

Go down

Yakmar thoughts and video from US forum Empty Yakmar thoughts and video from US forum

Post  Kibegami Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:51 am

http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=177829

I don't know if we allready tried or not, but thought I would throw it out their for discussion.
Kibegami
Kibegami

Number of posts : 90
Class : Assassin
Registration date : 2009-01-16

Back to top Go down

Yakmar thoughts and video from US forum Empty Re: Yakmar thoughts and video from US forum

Post  Guest Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:49 am

Thanks for sharing information that can help with raids Smile

What I find interesting, is that the raids are being made easier in time. Its true that raids were much tougher at launch (also because they contained broken parts). I think its a good thing, because if it wasnt that way, it would be like the PvP aspect of the game. What I mean, by that, is that classes who're not efficient enough for the task would be banned from taking part in those activities (no one would take them). Making things easier leaves more space for those who're less efficient. Its true that the accomplishment isnt as great as before, but at least more classes can be a part of it.

Back to top Go down

Yakmar thoughts and video from US forum Empty Re: Yakmar thoughts and video from US forum

Post  Guest Tue Feb 03, 2009 3:18 pm

Yhakmar can be defeated easily if you have 4 properly specced Demonologists and a pair of HoX.

The Raid leader should be a Soldier, and not in the main tank group. He should also enter the instance first.

The tank group should consist of:
1.Guardian<Tank
2.Conq <DPS Rez
3.Assassin <debuff+DPS
4.Necro <Mage shield, DPS, 4 Lifestealers
5.BS <Heal+debuff+DPS
6.PoM <Heal+DPS
ANY FORM OF FIRE DAMAGE IN THE MAIN TANK GROUP OR ON YHAKMAR IS PROHIBITED!
This includes fire damage from buffs, weapons and reactive procs from gems or Armours.

This should be checked prior to each fight!

Everyone else is a minimum of 2 full bow lengths away from Yhakmar in a tight ball. around the raid leader. Soldiers at the front facing Yhakmar, Priests and Mages at the back.

When the Tank group charges in the tank should turn Yhakmar 90% to the left or right, so the raid can see his entire length clearly. Adds will spawn and most will path directly to the raid leader who is back with the main raid force.

2 Rangers are assigned to pull those adds that path to the main tank group. Rangers should only pull from maximum range. No other player may move in front of these 2 rangers!

The adds that approach the main raid force must be CC'd, KB'd, Stunned and Feared as much as possible by all classes. Try to keep them at maximum range while the mages and ranged DPSers kill them.
Soldiers, Barbs, Rangers - this is your job! Keep these adds away from the mages!

I suggest a minimum of 4 Demos properly specced and 2 Hoxes as the adds are vulnerable to fire damage. For the first the first few attempts as many demos you can get should be taken so you can learn the encounter easily.

- the adds die, Yhakmar dies, we all get loot!

Back to top Go down

Post  odeon Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:02 pm

Hi Chip!!
Very interesting tactic-))Please have some chat with the demoes and lets try it out-))
Tankman
odeon
odeon

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down