Crimson Horizon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xibaluku Tactics

3 posters

Go down

Xibaluku Tactics Empty Xibaluku Tactics

Post  Nahkti Sun Feb 22, 2009 5:35 pm

Anyone find out any interesting tactics for this instance please share. So far the most difficult boss is the necro boss, the order in which the orbs are pressed is apparently random ?

Found this about getting past the traps and bats, if it works it might save some time

we found that you should 1 at a time walk til you hear the bats chirp them stop, let the effect run out and heal up then continue, stopping every time you hear the bats, that did the trick for us

Best way I've found to make it past the bats is to go in teams of two. One healer and another person, the dot called Blood Frenzy will amplify every time someone who has it moves. So when you have more than a couple people moving at once it can kill very quickly. Every 10 seconds the buff fades, when it does you need to book it and stop as soon as the dot is reapplied.

Going on those two it seems one person at a time who stops when the blood frenzy dot is in effect in order not to amplify it then heal and move on to the next, rinse and repeat. Sounds time consuming but probably less time consuming than the deaths and the run back.
Nahkti
Nahkti

Number of posts : 74
Class : Tempest of Set
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Xibaluku Tactics Empty Re: Xibaluku Tactics

Post  Guest Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:08 am

Nahkti wrote:Anyone find out any interesting tactics for this instance please share. So far the most difficult boss is the necro boss, the order in which the orbs are pressed is apparently random ?

Found this about getting past the traps and bats, if it works it might save some time

we found that you should 1 at a time walk til you hear the bats chirp them stop, let the effect run out and heal up then continue, stopping every time you hear the bats, that did the trick for us

Best way I've found to make it past the bats is to go in teams of two. One healer and another person, the dot called Blood Frenzy will amplify every time someone who has it moves. So when you have more than a couple people moving at once it can kill very quickly. Every 10 seconds the buff fades, when it does you need to book it and stop as soon as the dot is reapplied.

Going on those two it seems one person at a time who stops when the blood frenzy dot is in effect in order not to amplify it then heal and move on to the next, rinse and repeat. Sounds time consuming but probably less time consuming than the deaths and the run back.

There are many things I've heard, and I'll post them when I have more time. There's one thing every successful Xibaluku group said. They all you said you need vent and a well thought group composition. The guild is usually against excluding some builds or classes from instances, but every successful Xibaluku group insisted its one of the most important things there. It makes a lot of sense too, as there are only 6 people, and this instance is quite difficult to complete. Every person matters.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ayrr Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:27 am

Yep, pressing sequence is random. One need to press buttons and second person is jumping from one platform to another, so quite good coordination is required - vent seems to be crucial here, although probably it is also doable without it.
After pressing the orb on the other side of the bridge health of the boss is being reduced to 5% and killing him is no longer a problem Smile
We did it last night but I guess we were lucky - this boss is bugged and it seems that when someone dies in his room and the rest of the group will manage to reset him, then later everyone can safely enter to this room without getting his aggro.
We managed to reach the boss standing in the pond, we finished after first not succesful attempt (it was late).
I must admit that it is really nice instance, it was great run and quite challenging.

Ayrr
Ayrr
Ayrr

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2009-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Ankhnaset Mon May 04, 2009 5:53 am

Getting down the ramp drove me crazy until we figured it out. The ramp is a auto combat zone, so you cannot res someone who dies there, they have to release and run back (gah!). So if you die there, just release immediately and run back from the res point.

I have done Xib countless times now because it simply rocks, and here is my take on how to do that ramp as many parties wipe over and over again or take hours just doing this, which is very frustrating:

1. The Guardian aggros the Golem and keeps him engaged in meaningful conversation at the top of the ramp well away from everyone else (i.e. keep insulting his mother, make scornful remarks about his foolish belief in Marxist dialects, argue about which Tellytubby rocks the most, whatever). If you do not do this, the invulnerable golem will chase the party down the ramp and although he does not do much damage, his knockback will send people flying into the traps or off the edge into the waterfall to their death. If the guardian loses aggro on the golem, just reset by everyone running back into the room at the top and try again.

2. The rest of the party walk... do not run... walk... one at a time down the ramp, avoiding the traps (which are on the wall as well as the floor). Every time the bats attack and you get the DOT IMMEDIATELY STOP MOVING so that you only get x1 DOT. Just wait until the DOT ends and then immediately start moving again until it happens again, BUT...

3. This is important: Keep about 6-4 m spacing between each person and never ever ever EVER run past another player on the ramp as you can 'give them' your dot. A non-soldier cannot survive x2 dots without constant healing and glugging pots and even a healer cannot survive x3 dots. Also with x2 dots if you get attacked by a minion, you are probably screwed and by more than one minion, you are screwed.

The reason to keep only (but not less than) 6-4 metres spacing between players is you are far enough away to not 'share' bat attack dots but as undead minions patrol the ramp, you are close enough for players to support each other with RANGED (only) attacks, buffs and heals. Also after killing the minions, they will respawn later where they die, so stay alert when approaching 'dead' minions that people ahead of you have killed.

4. When you get to the bottom, hug to rocks to avoid minion patrols until everyone (except the guardian still chatting to the golem at the top) has made it down to the bottom. Then tell the Guardian you are ready and he glugs a healing pot and RUNS away from the golem and down the ramp. Avoid the traps but just eat the dots (the most you can get is x3). Have healer(s) waiting at the bottom of the ramp just out of the area where they can get dotted so they can nuke heal the bat-nibbled guardian immediately when he arrives.

Voila!

When you kill the next boss you encounter, the golem and bats disappear... but not the traps.
Ankhnaset
Ankhnaset

Number of posts : 2
Class : Tempest of Set
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down