Crimson Horizon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my final ranger-build...

Go down

my final ranger-build... Empty my final ranger-build...

Post  Lazarusson/Ragnarson Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:42 pm

Lazarusson/Ragnarson
Lazarusson/Ragnarson
Admin

Number of posts : 81
Class : Ranger
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

my final ranger-build... Empty Re: my final ranger-build...

Post  Guest Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:43 pm

Chapeau my class-brother, such a suprising (final) build in my opinion. Smile

To be honest, i wouldnt dare to spec this way myself, but on the other side i also don't know what you're aiming for - PVE/DPS/Solo/Groups/Raids Question

I studied several Ranger builds back and forth and i tried out a lot by respeccing myself in several ways, otherwise my "Untrain Feats" costs wouldn't be in the 5 G+ section already.

Though i'm still trying to figure out (since you spent a few pionts in the "Waylayer" tree) why you prefered "Evasive Action" over "Scatter Shots", which is the absolute Must-Have when being (kind of) X-Bow specced - This ability gives your Bolts the chance to bounce off the main target (after hitting it) and pile in up to 5 mobs standing next to it, which (if aimed right) causes much damage to them.

In your General tree i also missed the "Subtlety" thing, wich kinda suprises me as well as since -Hate abilities are really important for Rangers (except for Distraction) as it affects the tanks in groups/raids as well i took it off "myself" too, it just gives -3 Hate Modifier in the end so it's nothing that you couldn't cover by equiping good gear on yourself.

But as you said before, it's the person behind the keyboard that deal's with it's char(s) and i'm sure you know what serves you best, even when it turns out in a suprise like this (at least to me) Cool

Back to top Go down

Post  Lazarusson/Ragnarson Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:15 pm

....its not a specific build for Raid, Solo aso. For me its the best result for dps and stay alife.

Why the Waylayertree:

1. PUNCTURE: more dps (dot dmg)
2. MASTER ARCHER: more dps (most kombos +15 %)
3. CROSSBOW SEC: must spend points to it to reach MASTER ARCHER, but helps for evade (11% overall)
4. EVASINE ACTION: must spend points to it to reach MASTER ARCHER, but if u have the fast finger for the hotkey you will stay alife in some emergancy situations (+50% evade for 15 sec.).

i dont use SCATTER SHOTS because it works only for Xbows.

Why no anti-aggro-skill?
Easy, because its no problem for a ranger, not the highest dmg! and if i got problems i use the EVASINE ACTION and/or the 2 shadowshot-kombos. Works Wink
Lazarusson/Ragnarson
Lazarusson/Ragnarson
Admin

Number of posts : 81
Class : Ranger
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down